1. Why would we implement the SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics module?
2. Is the implementation process for SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics different from other modules?
3. We are at the very beginning of the Workforce Analytics journey. Where should we start?
4. What are SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics 'Metrics Packs'?
- What metrics and dimensions are included in an implementation.
- How those metrics and dimensions are defined and sourced.
- How they might be used, and other relevant functional information.
5. When should we implement SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics?
- The EC Metrics Pack (sometimes referred to as 'Core Workforce and Mobility' Metrics) needs to be implemented first. After that, you can implement any metrics pack in any order.
- The module you are sourcing the data from should have a stable configuration (i.e. no major changes are being configured).
- The source module should ideally be live for a few months before you begin your WFA implementation.
6. How many SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics Dashboards and Reports can my organisation use?
7. Who do you need to engage in my business?
8. How long does it take to implement SuccessFactors Analytics?
9. What are the common obstacles to an easy SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics implementation?
10. Why is SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics so expensive to implement?
- Many partners (and even SuccessFactors) quote WFA hours based on the old technology which required a lot more time. Partners that know how to implement WFA-on-HANA will know better.
- Rather than compare the cost of WFA implementations with other SuccessFactors modules, compare it with other HR analytics and MI tools. WFA implementations are different from other modules and shouldn't really be compared.
11. What change management and adoption strategies is required for Workforce Analytics success?
12. Do you need to have a consistent definitions for all your HR metrics?
13. Is post Go-Live support for Workforce Analytics different from the other modules?
- New Reports and Dashboards. Unlike other modules, if you are successful, people will use WFA more and more, and require new reports and dashboards overtime. It is common to rely on a partner for this support.
- Ongoing Change Management. Similarly, if you are successful, your change management will be ongoing - you will need to consider how to communicate the value of WFA to more user groups.
- New Metrics Packs. Whilst most customers start with one or two metrics packs, in order to answer more questions (based on data in other modules) you will need to implement new Metrics Packs or individual metrics over time.
14. Does SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics 'do' predictive analytics?
The SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics tool will create metrics based on historic data, so that decision-makers can make decisions about the future. These metrics are usually based on simple statistics, such as averages, rates and ratios. It does not perform any advanced statistical or data science queries.
To find out more about 3n Strategy's advanced analytics services please click here.
15. What is the difference between WFA-on-SQL and WFA-on-HANA?
In 2017, SuccessFactors released WFA-on-HANA. It is very similar to WFA-on-SQL, with the added bonus of doing daily data refreshes. It uses SuccessFactors data only - usually Employee Central and other core SuccessFactors modules - and does not use external data sources.
- Data Refresh Frequency. A 'refresh' is how often an analytics tool uploads the most up-to-date set of data from its source systems. WFA-on-SQL refreshes once per month. WFA-on-HANA refreshes one per day.
- Metrics Packs. WFA-on-SQL can build metrics (and metrics packs) based on every SuccessFactors module. WFA-on-HANA produces metrics based on data in Employee Central, Goals and Performance, Compensation, Recruitment and Succession only.
- External Data Sources. WFA-on-HANA extracts data from the SuccessFactors modules listed above. WFA-on-SQL works with data provided from external systems.
- Functionality. General functionality between both versions of WFA is the same, i.e. both have measure pages, query workspace, investigate, drill-to-detail and the same report designing tools. WFA-on-SQL has slightly more functionality in terms of analytics workspace.
16.What is/was Stories in People Analytics, People Analytics Embedded Edition and People Analytics Advanced Edition?
17. Can we migrate from WFA-on-SQL to WFA-on-HANA?
Yes, if you want to you definitely can migrate from WFA-on-SQL to WFA-on-HANA. There are usually no licence/subscription costs to the move as SuccessFactors considers both versions of WFA to be covered by the same subscription. However there will be an partial re-implementation.
What needs to be reimplemented? Your move from WFA-on-SQL to WFA-on-HANA is a partial re-implementation because your WFA-on-SQL specification/workbook is exactly the same for WFA-on-HANA.
How much does the partial re-implementation cost? You do not need to repeat the requirements gathering, which would have been approximately 30% of your original implementation cost. Also the technical cost for implementation WFA-on-HANA is probably lower than your WFA-on-SQL cost, so the remaining 70% of the work should be cheaper too.